August 5, 2014

First three weeks! Woohoo!

sooooo...
since I didn't write anything since my flight, here another update post:

I arrived in New Zealand on the 18th of July, a Friday. My host family picked me up from the airport, I felt a bit awkward. But when we arrived at their home - my home now - I felt myself relax. I was tired and my back was sore, but I still was happy. Now I can say that I am incredibly happy with my host family. They are super nice and loving. We joke and laugh a lot and so far it has been great fun.

School... Well. The first day of school me and five other international sutdents had orientation. They were two french students, one from Italy, one from Spain and another one from Germany. We got a tour around the school and chose our subjects. The next day we got our time tables and were brought into our first class. I felt incredibly nervous. But later on the tension fell off. I get along well with the other international students and I think I am on my way to making friends with a few kiwi students. I am starting to feel the familiar 'ugh school' feeling, but yeah. That was expected.
This week we have a japanese student living with us as well. She is really lovely.

Okayyyy... I think from now on I will post regularily. Every weekend a summary of the week that passed.
See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment